I had my surgery on Wednesday, July 23rd, 2008. Dr. Rosendahl removed the thyroid gland and everything went well. The procedure took longer than the Dr expected because apparently I have tiny vocal chord nerves that he was extra-cautious of. My calcium levels came back great (8.8) that evening, which means my parathyroid glands are still working (they can be a casualty of this kind of surgery and they regulate the calcium levels in your blood). Good news! I am tired and sore but am healing well. I must say if you get a chance to pick a hospital to have surgery at, Westlake Hospital is amazing. I felt like I was staying in a really nice hotel. The rooms were huge and everything seemed brand new. They had plasma tvs in every room and all the newest medical technology. Not to mention granite countertops in the bathrooms and slate in the showers. They even had a cool food menu with salmon and salads and smoothies. I know, I know, you're saying, What?!?! So was I... Not a bad place to recover. I must admit I did not want to leave. Sigh, now back to the realities of life and recovering at home... Thank you to everyone for your sweet prayers and thoughts. The flowers are all amazing and the food you've brought in has been a huge help. And to those of you who have taken the girls, well, there must be special blessings in heaven for you brave souls. ;) Thank you to everyone who has helped out and called and kept us in their thoughts. I truly have felt carried through this at times and know it is because of all of you. Thank you.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wanda good to hear that everything went well! We still pray for you everyday! I wish we lived closer so we could help you out more! Let us know how things go! we love you!!!!
I'm so glad that you're home again and recovering. Yes, having the girls must be a little chaotic, but hopefully a good chaotic.
Thank you for the good wishes! Now we wait until 9/26 for results. How about you? When do you get all your results?
Glad you're feeling better and that everything went well!!
I am so glad to hear you felt supported at this time in your life Wanda. I thought about you as I was out of town and have been hoping your recovery has been well under way. Hopefully your thyroid meds are helping you feel much better! We need to get together!
Post a Comment