I met with Dr. Rosendahl on Wednesday, July 30th, 2008. It was my 1 week post-surgery visit. I'd been having unusual swelling at the base of my neck and a lot of inflammation. Not to mention a very uncomfortable pulling feeling everytime I ate, talked, or swallowed. Of course, I forgot all about that as the rest of the visit unfolded. He removed my long stitch (sorry if that's tmi) and said everything looked great. He also told me more information about my pathology reports. The facts: all my lymph nodes came out clean but there was a 1.4mm mass of cancer completely inside a 1.7cm nodule inside my thyroid; . It's truly amazing the needle biopsy caught it but because it did WHEN it did, I do NOT have to have the radioactive iodine treatment and I am THRILLED. I was trying to be brave and gear up for it but I realized after he told me the news I had been more scared than I let on. Not only did I get good news there, but he told me Dr. Scumpia, my endocrinologist who I would see the next day, said to go ahead and put me on thyroid meds. I was ecstatic!!! No more fatigue, depression, unearned weight gain... etc. while waiting to take some radioactive substance into my body. I had my sitter with the girls for the afternoon and so I went and saw Mamma Mia! the movie to celebrate. It was perfect and reminded me how much I love ABBA's songs. And Mom, you'll appreciate this: I also ate a bag of popcorn and half a box of Raisinettes to celebrate. WAHOO, no more worrying about packing on pounds unfairly. Once I'm on my meds, any extra weight is my own dang fault. All I ask is for is an even playing ground. Is that so wrong? ;)
The next day I went and saw Dr. Scumpia and she told me I should go buy some lottery tickets because I obviously had some serious luck. Dave was with me and we all laughed at that one. She took a base-line cancer blood sample and is checking my calcium to keep an eye on things. Now I just have to come back in 6 weeks and get my thyroid levels checked again to see if I need more or less medication. Thank you for all your prayers. I know this was not luck or coincidence that this ended as well as it did. I appreciate everyone who lent me and our family so much support. Love to you all!
Friday, August 1, 2008
Test Results
Posted by Wanda at 7:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wanda,
I'm so happy for you. What great news. A modern day miracle!! I hope that you continue to heal quickly! I'm very happy for your news.
paige
Hooray - that is great news! We're so glad to hear that you are doing so great!
You're so cute... Thank you for your thank you regarding the flowers. You are so welcome. We really are super happy everything went well for you. Come to Utah soon! xo, Melis
I'M SO HAPPY YOU'RE DOING WELL!!! My beautiful Wanda....don't scare us like that again. Just know how much we love you!
Post a Comment