On July 3rd I went back to my thyroid Doctor's office to get the results of a needle biopsy they did on a lump in my thyroid. Lo and behold, it came back positive. Wha? Are you kidding? I have cancer? Everything else she said after that was a blur, but I got an ultrasound to check my lymph nodes and they look fine. We didn't have to cancel our vacation (which we left for on Saturday, July 5th) but I couldn't meet with a surgeon until we got back either. I finally met with Dr. Rosendahl on July 16th and got my questions answered. Thank you Jessica for being my note-taker and friend. I really appreciated that more than you know. Flash forward: I am not dying. Thyroid cancer is the most treatable kind of cancer there is. Unfortunately I do have to have my thyroid removed and brace myself for possible radioactive iodine treatments. I am not looking forward to the surgery and recovery but I've been through worse so bring it on!
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Bummer news! I hope it all goes well and gets over fast. We can have matching scars now. The mock turtleneck style looks fabulous on you anyway. After a year, you won't even notice it. Hang in there, Wanda.
What an amazing woman you are. I think that you are so strong and I am glad that you are still so excited for your vacation amidst all of this crazy news.
Please let me know if you need anything.
Wanda I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope all goes well for you and let us know when your surgery is.
This is why I can't take breaks from reading blogs. Look what I miss! Wanda, I hope everything goes well and you recover quickly. I'm just glad you have such an amazing family and friends around since I went and moved away.
Post a Comment