CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 10, 2008

Random Kid Quotes

We're driving home tonight from Applebee's (where we celebrated Mackenzie's perfect school attendance record with her coupon for a free kid's meal) and Mackenzie flips on this smooth, adult-sounding voice and says: Let me tell you some things about me. I like playing and I like playing with friends. I don't like to be alone. I like to wake you (meaning me, Mommy) up in the morning. I don't like it when you sleep or take rests. And I do like playing with Meredith (her best friend whose backyard runs into ours). End quote. How's that for classic?

Madison does this funny, yet, annoying thing sometimes when you ask her a question. It goes like this: Madison, where did you put your shoes? Answer: Nuffing, Mommy. Me: No, Madi, where did you put your SHOES? Answer: NUFFING, Mommy! So when did a 2 year-old's version of the word 'nothing' become a catch-all expression? She uses it all the time to answer questions like: Where is your blankie? Why did you hit Mackenzie? Why did you take your pants off? Why don't you want to wear your seatbelt?... If it wasn't so darn cute it would be infuriating!!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Those are really funny. I like the one about you not sleeping or napping.

Hey, It's Ansley said...

She's a girl who knows what she likes!

I gotta say, I agree with Mackenzie. I hate it when people nap and I like playing with my friends.

Conni said...

This is classic! Lately when I ask Claire a question, she tells me, "It's a secret." Okay....how am I supposed to get around that one?? I love how kids keep us on our toes. :)