Saturday, November 1, 2008
Prague!
October 3-12, 2008 I got to tag along with Dave to Prague, Czech Republic. He had to go for his company's Value Forum meetings, and I was dying to go. Jessica and Chris Brough offered to watch our kids, and we took them up on it (can't wait to watch baby Ezra next April! Love you guys!). It was an amazing trip. We stayed at the hotel Andel in the south west part of the city along with about 80 other people there for the conference. Dave didn't have to work every day we were there and we took advantage of it. We saw the Old Town Hall and clock tower, Kolovy Most (Charles Bridge), Prague Castle, Wencelas Square (where the Velvet Revolution occurred in 1989) and other amazing places and sites. I learned so much about the people and communism and capitalism and how going from one extreme to the other can be devastating to many. I also learned that either form of government can be cruel if the people and their leaders have no morals or values holding up their societies. I saw some amazing things and some very sad things, but everything I saw opened my eyes to the beauty and honor of living in America. We truly live in a blessed place.
This is the view off the Charles Bridge. It was a gorgeous day and the leaves were just starting to change colors.
Another view off the Charles Bridge.
Although I failed miserably at getting pictures of all the people of the trip, here is one of us with Greg and Jayne Jackson. Jayne and I got to pal around a lot on the trip while the guys worked. It was a great time.
Posted by Wanda at 3:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I am SO jealous of this trip! What a great experience, and I can appreciate what you wrote. I would love to hear more about it.
Jealous! I have heard Prague is such a beautiful city.
I have wanted to go to Prague for a long time. We were in Europe for a few months awhile ago, but we didn't make it there.
It looks so beautiful. I love your pictures. I am glad that you had a good time.
Beautiful pictures! Both you and the buildings, the fall colors, etc. And you can tell the weather was great because everything looks so clear and lovely. I am glad you got to go and have a great time! I wish you could share everything you learned on the importance of morals in society with all the californians opposing the success of prop 8. Ok, sorry to get political on your blog, but I figure you can always just not post it. :)
Post a Comment