So my August 1st post left out the after-drama of the secondary pathologists findings. I just want it documented so I don't forget why I was so angry after everything seemed all peachy keen. So, my first pathology report said my 1.6 cm nodule wasn't cancer. Unfortunatly the specialist up North somewhere disagreed. SO, the second report said I had 2 cancer spots, both papillary carcinoma. One 1.6 cm the other 1.4 mm. This meant I definitely 'qualified' for radioactive iodine treatment (RAI) - which absolutely sent me spinning with anger at the irony of things. Why didn't they just find that in the first place? Then I'd be happy to have the RAI and would have been expecting it. Now, I feel like someone told me I wasn't going to have Christmas, then said I was, and then changed their mind again. YOU CAN'T DO THAT IN THAT ORDER and expect it to be taken well. Long story short, I thought about it... alot, and felt/feel that the RAI would do more harm than good right now. I'm not going to go through all the technical reasons of why that is on this blog, but suffice it to say (along with the fact that a 2 year old doesn't understand she can't touch mommy for 5 days b/c her mommy is radioactive and there's no where for me to do the stupid treatment but at home), I am not doing the RAI. So we are watching my TSH levels and calcium, etc. very closely. And someday, I'll understand all this and why it unfolded this way.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ummmm, whaaaat? I'm sorry you have been quietly dealing with this. I left you a message about a month or so ago, and then figured you must be out of town. I was wondering how you're doing. I think you have to follow your own gut and decide what's best for you. That is a very frustrating situation, though. Let me know if you need to chat. xo, Melis
Oh Wanda. I'm so sorry! That is definitely not how it is supposed to go. Gosh, and here I thought you were out in the clear on this. So sorry.
Wanda, I've been out of it for so long that I'm just getting around to reading this. I'm so sorry! Any new updates? I'm thinking about you and will keep you in my prayers. I love you girl!! BE WELL!!!!
That is so frustrating! Glad you have family support while you are making the hard decisions about treatment.
Wanda, I'm so glad you keep updates on your blog. I often think about you. I'm sure you are doing the right thing! Hang in there. :)
Post a Comment