Saturday, June 7, 2008
Lake Travis with the Broughs
May 24, 2008, Saturday - We moved our boat reservation at Lakeway Marina from the 17th to the 24th and it turned out perfectly that the Broughs could come with us. Chris and I had been friends back in Utah, and who moves to Austin 2 years after us? That's right, Chris and Jessica. Then baby Ezra joined them last October. Above is Ezra, Jessica, and Mackenzie playing in the water.
Here's Madison doing what she does best: figuring things out and putting keys in a keyhole (not to mention making Mommy nervous, but what else is new?)
Mackenzie and Dave. Mackenzie loved the boat and swimming. I bet we could make her a boat lover without too much of a fight!
Chris, Jessica, and Ezra escaping the heat. Ezra was so good the entire trip. He'd had a fever for the 2 previous days. Maybe the water made him feel better. Either way, he was a dream baby. After we returned the boat we tried to go eat at the Oasis, but it was a zoo, it being Memorial Day Weekend and all. Unfortunately, the shuttle driver at the Oasis backed into the Broughs Sequoia. Chris tried to get the Oasis to take responsibility but the manager said the shuttle drivers were a separate service and not tied to them. The shuttle driver gave Chris his info and said he'd take care of it. All of it made me nervous, though. We took pictures of the damage,which is a good thing because later the Oasis tried to pass the buck again and told us we had to prove it happened there. What losers! Anyway, that night we finally ate at Rudy's and headed home. The girls were exhausted. In spite of the fender bender, it was a super fun boat trip!
Posted by Wanda at 4:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
The fun on the lake sounds like it worked out well for your postponement of days. That's too bad about your friends' vehicle. I hope they get it covered by the other driver's insurance. Bummer for him!
Thank you so much for inviting us on this very fun lake outing!! Our family had a blast with your family! I'm glad Ezra was a good sport for all of it. We are still working on getting the guy to take care of our vehicle, and we plan to take it to the repair shop you mentioned to us. We'll let you know how it goes! It's not that big of a deal though; we still had a great day!
Your blog is super cute!
How fun, we too went to the lake on Monday. I have to say that it turned out much better than I thought that it would with kids.
I am glad that you kids did so well with the water. That Maddie is so smart, look at her trying to drive the boat. Sneaky. How fun to spend the day with your friends. I am so glad that you had so much fun.
Sorry about the accident, that really does put a damper on the fun spirits, but I am glad that it seems to have turned out alright.
How fun! I wish I had gotten to stay in Austin a bit longer to enjoy some of the spring/summer fun.
My favorite family pass time. Looks so fun!
Post a Comment