CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Got Tagged

I've been tagged. Thanks, Jessica, I loved reading your tagged post about you. So I will try to make mine somewhat interesting as well. Wish me luck...
Three Joys
1) My favorite things in the whole world are Dave, my husband, and Mackenzie(5) and Madison(2), our two daughters. Dave is my best friend and my 'soft place to land'. He always says the right thing, which, I know, is a gift not all men have. He always puts me first - before work or hobbies or his own personal comfort. We laugh together, dance together, and travel together. We think alike about so many things that it makes life easier and more joyful. We aren't carbon copies of eachother, though. There are plenty of differences to keep life interesting - I just won't list them here.
Mackenzie is my firstborn and a little Dave look-alike. A beautiful, blond, female version of Dave, that is. She is also my happy girl. Our babysitter, Jill, told me when Mackenzie was 2 that she is the happiest kid she had ever sat for. Her teacher last year told me she didn't know what she would do without Mackenzie's cheerful "Hi, Ms. Michelle!" everyday. (Ms. Michelle kindly omitted the fact that Mackenzie would hunt her down and yell that to her no matter what Michelle was in the middle of doing.) Mackenzie is kind and observant and understanding. I just hope these traits last through the teenage years. ;) She loves playing with friends but usually only one friend at a time. She is also very smart and can figure out ways to get what she wants out of mom and dad that amaze us everytime.
Madison is my baby and the spitting image of me. Our baby pictures match and both my mom and my aunt, Deana, agree she looks just like I did at her age. She is very inquisitive and will spend lots of time figuring out how toys work. She also loves to run and jump and is more 'phsical' than Mackenzie was at the same age. She is sweet and will do whatever you ask her to. She is also very good at sharing and has a great deal of empathy for such a small child. She'll ask about your 'owies' if you have a band-aid and will ask if it hurts. Then she'll pat your leg or give you hugs to make it better. I can't wait to watch both our girls grow up and into the people they will be.
2) I love traveling. I can't wait for the day our girls are old enough to travel long distances with Dave and me. But in the meantime, we still manage to drag them around the country. They are both seasoned flyers and have been to Disney Land and Disney World, Sea World, the beach, the mountains, the zoo,... Just wait until they're both big enough for the big rides!!! Six Flags here we come...
3) I love feeling a sense of well-being that had eluded me for a long time. I have fought long and hard to regain my health and feel like it is coming back to me now. I love feeling a sense of contentment when all four of us are at home together. Or when the girls notice a new thing about nature: a lizard, a bird, a bug and can't wait to show it to me. I love feeling at peace and calm about life. This could be fleeting, so I want to document it as proof I once felt this way!
Three Fears
1) Insanity. Seriously, going insane is my worst fear. Not that it runs in my family or anything, but I cannot imagine anything worse than not being in control of your mind. Period.
2) Never finding what I really want to do as a career. I'm hoping one day it will hit me over the head, but until then I am scared I will only work at jobs that leave me unfulfilled. That's assuming I get there at all which leads me to ...
3) Being unable to re-enter the workforce after motherhood. I like to work, finish projects and achieve goals. I love to do things I am good at, finish things efficiently, and start new tasks. Even more, I love making a paycheck. So, I am terrified that one day I will find myself turned down by every interesting employer I apply to because I was out of the workforce too long, or am too unskilled, or am too old, or am too... (fill in the blank here).
Three Goals
I had taken a long break from setting goals because I wasn't able to do anything but be a mommy, but here are a few future ideas: Run my next half-marathon in less than last years time; Really study my scriptures; Find a part-time job that will challenge my mind; Figure out what I want to do with my life once my kids are older; And really, seriously, learn to love cooking.
Three Current Obsessions
1) Guitar Hero. I like playing it and I'm not going to even try to defend myself on that one. Just know I can hold my own against any 13 year-old. Nuff said.
2) House plans. I love looking at them, analyzing them, making my own. I like tweaking them in my head to make them flow or work better. I just love house plans.
3) Pilates. I just started classes in May and the results are awesome. I must admit, the muscles in my midsection are actually working again. Thank you, instructor Lynne, and Mr. whats-his-name who created pilates, thank you.
Three Random Facts About Me
1) I love school. I am good at school. College, high-school, seminary. Doesn't matter. I am good at attendance, homework, tests, getting my teachers to like me, and finals. Don't hate me for it. ;)
2) I am sooooo not creative. Creativity required? Flower arranging, Decorating, Designing something? Don't call me. Give me a pattern to follow and/or show me how to do something once and I can make all kinds of permutations on it. Just don't ask me to invent it the first time. It will never happen.
3) I miss having super-close friends. I miss hanging out for hours with my girl and guy friends, long conversations, and that feeling of being on the same page with someone. I'm an extrovert at heart and love having many close friends. Unfortunately, motherhood doesn't leave you much time for all that. So, until my girls are older, I will take what I can get and know that one day, it will be my turn again. And when that day comes, I will slay all of my friends on Guitar Hero. Hey, you gotta do something productive with your downtime, right?
I tag Melissa, Ansley, Katie, Jana, and Camille.

4 comments:

Hey, It's Ansley said...

Loved reading this! I can definitely corroborate that you are good at school. You were so focused and a good example to me in that area. I remember you "listening" to static on the radio to block out our loud apartment.

Beautiful description of your family!

I just played Guitar Hero for the first time. I hope to get a Wii for my birthday, give me a few months and then I might challenge you.

Kelly said...

Very interesting tidbits to hear about you, Wanda. It's good to know these fun facts about you.

Jessica said...

Thanks for doing this Wanda! I enjoyed learning more about you! All right, now I have to see your skills on Guitar Hero. I want to do Pilates with you, and how funny, I love to look at house plans, love to travel, and we share more interests, so thanks for sharing! :)

Christine said...

Howdy! You do know that when you bring up the school thing, I flash back to my favorite memory - the question you asked in AP US History. I get it now, and I totally understand the stress we were all under, but it still makes me laugh.

Love you!