My friend and neighbor, Lisa Lannan, told me about this awesome 'cake lady' who makes amazing 3D cakes. Sooooo, I got one. Isn't it adorable? She matched it to Mackenzie's party decorations from birthday express. Mackenzie blew (almost) all the candles out by herself and then everyone got to choose between chocolate unicorn cake or cookie cake. Just before cake time we had lunch: sandwhiches, fruit, salad, and chips. We didn't want the girls to bounce off the walls on sugar highs. ;)
On a separate note, the next day Wendy, Dave and I ran the Austin AT&T Half Marathon. Wendy had flown out from Charleston for it. Wendy and I had started training together with Rogue the September before but then she moved in January. The airlines lost her bag and she was such a trooper! She borrowed my extra shoes, bought new clothes and ran it anyway. I was totally impressed. I ran it in 2:06:13 which was 7 minutes faster than last year. WOOHOO!





2 comments:
You sure know how to throw a great party. Those kids look like they are having the time of their lives. And who would have thought to make a unicorn cake. way to go. I bet that you are the coolest mom.
What a perfect little party, complete with unicorn cake...and cookie cake! The cake lady did an excellent job of matching the party colors. What a fairytale birthday party. Nice job, Wanda, and happy birthday, MacKenzie!
Post a Comment